Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Uniqlo Skinny Jeans = The New Sex


Dude...they are amazing. Uniqlo's Men's Skinny Fit Tapered Jeans® are, hands down, the best jeans I have ever had. No joke. Being a pretty skinny kid growing up, I always had my clothes falling off my body and it didn't help that I went through a "thug phase" around middle school right when I was growing too fast to fill in. Basically up until this year when I discovered these miraculous jeans, I had never owned a pair of jeans that truly fit me in my entire life. I didn't even realize what I was missing out on because I literally did not know what it felt like to put on a pair of jeans that perfectly fit up until this year. My life will never be the same. I will never go back to my baggy jeans as long as I live (or at least until they come back in style lol).

These jeans are killer! Made with 97% cotton and 3% spandex, they have just enough stretch to perfectly fit the contours of your body yet enough rugged structure so that they're not cutting off your circulation. They allow for a perfect range of motion, are perfectly breathable, and get this: they come in your basic denim, darkwash, white, and grey as well as blue, purple, green, and red! They are sick, seriously! I already have three pairs (darkwash, white, and red) and counting. If you get a chance seriously visit their website (http://www.uniqlo.com/us/). You will not regret buying a pair of these jeans!

The funniest thing is that less than a year ago I was an avid opposer of skinny jeans on men just because I didn't like how they "looked like girl jeans", but that was before I tried a pair of Uniqlo's on and completely changed my opinion of them. Seriously these jeans make me realize how much of a difference, well-fitted clothes make. Honestly, I know this sounds really cheesy, but when I wear my Uniqlo's my confidence boosts. I feel so comfortable in my own skin, simply because they fit so superbly and look so sleek. I have yet to see someone look bad in a pair of Uniqlo's (unless of course they are wearing the wrong size). Skinny people, average people, muscular people, and even chunkier people all look amazing in these jeans just because they work with your proportions so nicely and make you look so natural. I don't know too much about their women's jeans, but from the little I have seen and heard of them, they are incredible as well!

Okay so to backtrack a little bit, for those who are unaware, Uniqlo is a Japanese clothing retailer similar to like an H&M except way better. They have a flagship store (the largest in the world) that opened in 2006 in Manhattan's SoHo district on Broadway, right off the Prince St. MTA stop, right in the heart of SoHo shopping district. They specialize in offering sleek and classy clothes at a very affordable price (their skinny jeans start at $49.99). Their style is something like J-Pop meets hipster, Harajuku meets Williamsburg.
It really is incredible. Not only to they offer an unparalled jeans collection, but they also have countless funky graphic tees, scarfs, blazers, vests, and everything in between. Free same-day alterations are also offered with any of their apparel, which is incredible! The architecture and layout of the store is phenomenal too, making the entire Uniqlo shopping experience incredible. If you are in the city, with 30 minutes to spare seriously hop on the R train and stop in for a couple minutes, you may not be able to tear yourself away but it's definitely worth it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll take your word for it. I'm not a fan of skinny jeans on guys cuz of the exact reason you said. But I'm also not a thug-look lover either.

I see a lot of Brett Favre commercials for Wrangler. I wonder if they're good.

La Belette Rouge said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for your thought provoking comment.

I totally agree that well fitting clothes impact one's sense of self. too big and too small can feel disorienting and bring up issues of inadequacy and/or a sense of being too much.

I hate baggy jeans and super slim fit jeans on my husband. Perfect fit is...perfect.

Angela said...

i agree the right tailoring and fit just really make the whole look so different.
tks for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.